Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Girdin' Me Loins

I was feeling too responsible again yesterday, the fate of the country resting on my shoulders because there was a federal by-election in the 905, and I'd seen on CBC who was getting out the vote.

The Conservatives won it in a landslide, 57% of 27% of eligible voters.

Taxes and tradition in the year of our Lord 2024.

Even accounting for the vote split between New Democrats, Liberals and Greens the Conservatives won.

I decided to not let it get me down, even though that odious little creep, Pierre Poilievre, will likely be elected Prime Minister in 2025.

He doesn't care about anybody or anything, so we'll all pay the price when he is, but that's democracy. He also wants to exact revenge on women, as lots of men do these days it seems, so it'll be a war on us, but there's always protesting in the streets.

I wonder if he'll just have us gunned down by his private police force?

Public police force?

The police have been dying to take the Freedom Convoy's public humiliation of them out on us and no doubt look back fondly on Stephen Harper's G20 when they could kettle and jail liberals like me for being in our public streets.

Journalists will be at risk unless they work for Post Media. Of course, CBC will be destroyed so I guess we'll have to depend on journalists from outside Canada to report on our government.

It's like a friend has always said, we're ten years behind the states in our politics, so welcome to our 2015 in 2025, sister and brother Canadians.

Of course, if Donald Trump is elected President again, we'll be right up to date with Poilievre in power here, won't we.

Americans could vote Donald Trump into the Presidency again even if he had to do his bloviating from a jail cell.

Andrew Scheer will vote for him, regardless. He loves Donald Trump.

Is it better or worse that Poilievre and not Scheer will be Prime Minister? What a hard choice that would be, eh?

Satan's Choice.

Anyway, I've given up on strategic voting advice. Who am I to advise someone else on how to vote, even whether to vote. The NDP doesn't want to win, and so won't, but it's hard to tell these days if the Liberals do or not, either. I don't really blame them, to tell you the truth. Politics is tiring. People are selfish and stupid.

Listening to their reasons for voting Conservative in yesterday's by-election they sounded exactly like Trump supporters.

Oh well, I expect the country's big enough to survive another round of Conservative hatred of liberal democracy, but I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment