Saturday, February 9, 2019

Be Best

I'm really enjoying the trickle up effect of the Mueller investigation because regardless of what happens to Donald Trump (although one of the Trump/Russia Twitter people I read ends all his tweets to @realDonaldTrump with "You're going to prison, traitor", so...) lots of rich people are having their dirty laundry aired to be judged by the rabble, or what Fran Lebowitz calls us, which is "vox populi".

No need to wait for death the great leveler anymore - we've got social media chock-a-block with dick pics now!

But up here in smug Canadaville it's interesting learning from our very own goody two shoes government how dependent our economic survival apparently is on corrupt companies getting all our government's contracts forever and ever amen.

Also, is it just me? Or is our new Attorney General trolling us, blah blahing in the House while wearing those cartoonishly large glasses.

Randy Rainbow? Is he trolling Randy Rainbow? Because I doubt Randy Rainbow is paying any attention. He's got way bigger fish to fry down south.

What?

Meanwhile, I've read at least three super boring articles about what an Attorney General is supposed to do if there's political interference in a criminal prosecution, which is resign, so there's that to add to this latest scandal in Ottawa.

Is everybody too big to fail now?

What?

Haha, and veterans sure are getting a lesson in where they stand, eh?

What?

But I just gave up a fight before it even started rather than deal with a government agency (rhymes with KPMG, I mean, CRA) even though I was entitled to almost three hundred dollars in poverty cashback, because I decided it wasn't worth it to me.

I know, eh? But that's how I roll now. Besides, I figure it will just stay in the pot and I'll get it back later in guaranteed income security when I'm old.

Older.

Also, I'm on the Freedom 85 plan, so there'll be a ton of interest attached to it. Yup, that's right. I just tossed the whole concept of retirement so I wouldn't have to waste time worrying about having no pension or savings to retire on when I'm 65.

Anyway, it's too bad that Liberal Party politicians and their backroom boys never learn the lesson about where their vested interest once in power really lies, which is in governing for the public good (like everybody's watching). Instead they think it lies in getting themselves re-elected, governing for the public good (like everybody's watching) being a dead weight they decide to toss off the ship of state after the bus ride to the swearing in has been all over CBC for a few weeks.

It's like they think they're all Stephen Harper and nobody will ever know who funded their leadership campaign.

Sorry, Liberal politicians. But only Stephen Harper gets to play that game.

Speaking of transportation (ship of state/bus ride back there a bit), local councilors here in Ottawa just completed some sort of annual week long public transit challenge. Honestly, you'd never know public transit users have been losing paid work for years in Ottawa because we can't get to it either reasonably or reliably enough on public transit. I mean, I've been to public service job interviews in the city of Ottawa that took two hours on two different buses to get to. And I live well within the city of Ottawa, not at all far out of downtown. And it wasn't winter when buses just don't show to pick up customers who would otherwise pay twice for the pleasure, via our taxes and then again with our fare. It was summer.

Not that I stood a hope in hell of getting the job anyway but still. Keep moving or they'll paint over you as the saying goes.

Or put you in jail for loitering, I suppose. Did the previous Liberal government of Ontario ever correct any of the previous Progressive Conservative government of Ontario criminalizing of poverty nastiness while it legalized door-to-door energy company fraud?

Anybody? Anybody? Wynne?

Please wake up and pay attention stupid greedy old people and stop voting Conservative.

What?

So, to the nub of it, I just have one question for our federal Liberal Party politicians before the idiot voters of Canada go several levels worse and elect the Conservative Party of Canada to finish us off financially once and for all: Is there a more corrupt company than SNC Lavalin you could give all our government contracts to, do you think?

Us economic survivalists would like to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment