Tuesday, February 12, 2019

The Ballad of Jody and Justin

Cripes, I'm so terrified of another Conservative government that I've twisted myself into a pretzel over this whole Jody/Justin split.

Honest. I'm not into Justin.

I'm just really not into Andrew Scheer.

Scheer Madness is what we're playing with here - Scheer Madness.

No. Please, NDP. Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

Maybe I'm crazy but wasn't everybody and her Uncle Tom shitting all over Jody Wilson-Raybauld just a short time ago for making our justice system worse instead of better and doubling down on all the disgusting American imports Harper shoved into it before - oh happy happy day - he finally lost and then slithered off to lead Fascists International or whatever?

Consecutive life sentences. Mandatory minimums. Inverting our entire system of justice to make it all about victims and vengeance.

Well bring on the former Hon. JW-R and a cut to preliminary hearings.

Here are just a few random quotes from REAL lawyers, the ones doing criminal defence, at the time of the former Hon. JW-R's much awaited reforms:

“an utter and complete betrayal”;
"an erosion of procedural safeguards that gravely misses the mark";
"a regressive blindside”; and finally,
“worse than anything Harper ever did".

And wtf was that assisted suicide legislation all about, anyway? Cripes, it was so craptacular by the time the former Hon. JW-R was through with it that the Liberal MP who drafted it couldn't bring himself to vote for it. Does it help anybody? All I've heard about are people it's hurt. Indeed, as far as I can tell, we don't really have a physician assisted dying option in this country at all. We just have a heads up that we'd best make the necessary arrangements elsewhere because, odds are, we're none of us going to quality for physician assisted dying in Canada.

And don't get me started on that buzzkilling marijuana legislation. Geez Louise. Reefer Madness much? And where the hell are the pardons? Marijuana should never have been illegal in the first place! It was only ever because of racism that it was!

And since Mulroney's still walking around free as a bird, and my neighbours are being scammed by door-to-door energy and/or water filtration and/or meat distribution companies and/or Rogers every other day, and I just got cut off healthcare because our so-called Premier, Drug Fraud, decided to un-grandfather my health card - to paraphrase Melanie's Zara jacket: I really don't care about SNC Lavalin (aka Crooks R Us) being brought to justice - do you?

Of course you do. Because you want Scheer Madness. The world doesn't suck enough for you yet I guess. Or maybe you just want to hasten the Apocalyse because you're a Christian nutter like Scheer Madness.

We don't have separation of church and state now. Just imagine when we have Scheer Madness.

Take a good look at that caucus and tell me I'm wrong.

We don't even clear our fucking sidewalks anymore here in Ottawa. And good luck trying to sort anything out with our government or any of its private partners in these technologically-driven times of zero accountability unless your complaint to Go Public gets aired on CBC. Jesus, I couldn't give a rat's ass whether our government prosecutes a bunch of crooked engineers or not.

Cripes, if it wasn't for crooked engineers Quebec would still be forest.

Well? What? Wouldn't it?

Okay. I'm done here for tonight. Nothing more to read here. Carry on. As you were. Don't stand still outside or you'll be a snow mountain in seconds.

Speaking of which, Scheer Madness is assuring the cult that he'll copy Drug Fraud on the whole pwn the libs game Conservatives play now 24/7 by abandoning carbon pricing and letting everybody just pollute for free again.

Wake me up when it's over.

1 comment:

  1. You ain't wrong my dear...Ford is Frightening & Scheer is Diaphanous but so many people still aren't seeing through him. It all echoes our neighbours to the South. Manitoba's Palace-Terrible is in Costa Rica escaping the cold. I don't think anyone knows which multi-million dollar home he is living in at any given time.
    Move over & I'll join you in Hibernation.

    ReplyDelete