Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Symptoms, I've Had a Few

Now that COVID-19 has turned social media into Dr. Google, I'm reminded of a brief dry cough I had in early March, a brief dry cough that woke me up twice in the night, for which I didn't stay home, for if I had, I'd not have been paid.

Also, it was a brief dry cough that only woke me up twice in the night, the number of times I get up in the night to pee anyway.

I've always had a wee bladder and, after three big babies sitting on it for months on end, it's also flatter.

But enough about me, I was working alongside people with paid sick leave who were away for days at a time in December, January, February and March, apparently quite sick with symptoms that all sound suspiciously like COVID-19 - on social media, anyway.

But enough about them, too, because this is about all of us experiencing an existential crisis - together - which is totally nuts because as anyone who has experienced an existential crisis knows, it's the alone part that makes it a fucking existential crisis!

This global pandemic is the worst - the worst, I tells ya.

2 comments:

  1. Everything will be ok. Only twice a night? Lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - my mom had a bladder like a camel. Genes are bullshit, I tells - bullshit! But yes, everything will be ok. My illustrator is done so I'm putting my book up on Amazon this weekend.

    ReplyDelete