Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Both Sides

So I was thinking the other day while it was a bazillion degrees below zero and a bunch of us were waiting for a bus that came several bus cancellations later, such that I got home from work much later than necessary, that the exponential rise in extreme wealth among relatively few people is happening at the same time as an exponential increase in man-made climate change caused by greenhouse gas emissions.

And that led me to wonder who government is for if all our climate scientists ringing the alarm for a couple of decades now hasn't done much to prevent rich people from getting ever richer and climate change from happening faster and with increasingly devastating consequences.

I don't know but do our governing politicians think rich people will save us (all) from climate change, do you think? Or just them... Because rich people seem kind of useless if you ask me, which, you may be relieved to read, no one ever does, so I hope our governing politicians aren't holding their breath.

No wait, scratch that - I hope they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment