Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Name Pierre Poilievre

I think if I was the Prime Minister of Canada I'd tell China we'll trade Meng Wanzhou for Robert Schellenberg.

We all know what Huawei is now. And we know what China is, too.

Trading Wanzhou for Schellenberg wouldn't change anything about China, a country that executes more of its own citizens than, not just any other country, including the US, but all other countries COMBINED. But it might remind Canadians like Pierre Poilievre et al of how lucky we are to live here, where human life still matters.

PP has always been particularly loathsome (I think he was Pierre Poutine of the robocall scandal but I can't prove it so don't spread the word) but taking advantage of this life or death situation as he did the other day to stand at a microphone and tell us all that China calls Justin Trudeau "little potato" struck me as something else.

Vile?

I don't know. Maybe we need a new word to describe what Pierre Poilievre is.

Meanwhile, we could offer to toss him in with Wanzhou to get the other two hostages back, too!

Comments are open.

No comments:

Post a Comment