Thursday, April 4, 2019

Feminarchists

So yesterday I followed a back and forth between Feminists about Jody Wilson-Raybould vs Justin Trudeau.

I was afraid to even "like" the comments of the one Feminist I agreed with, a younger woman who is normally too extreme in her Feminism for me, because the other Feminists (there were three of them to one of her) were bullying her to the point of gaslighting and, you know, how much crazy do I really want to attract now that I'm sixty.

But I did. I liked her comments. As Bill Maher might say, it was literally the least I could do.

Then some idiot man decided to weigh in with his 'splainin' for the three crazy bitch Feminists (cbFs) and, although I kind of agreed with him on that primitive brain level some of us find ourselves cursed with - especially when we're online, which is almost always - I took him on.

Ugh. I was totally sucking up to the cbFs, wasn't I.

So craven.

Anyway, in the course of taking him on, "Femsplaining" (coined, I think, by Danielle Crittendon of David Frum fame), I figured out what was going on with the three cbFs.

Feminists are so much scarier for Feminists to argue with than men are it's totally unnerving, I can't tell you. Men are lucky they're pretty much clued out about Feminism when they aren't just completely ignoring it. If you're a man reading this, just know that there are waves and waves of Feminism now and just when you think you're hip with the Feminist now, you've outed yourself as a dupe of the patriarchy and as yesterday as giving a shit about climate change.

Anyway, as you can tell from my blogging here, I'm not on Team Jody, I'm on Team Justin. This, I realized, as the cbFs pummeled the one just a little too extreme for me Feminist and I stood by bravely liking every third comment of hers, is heretical to cbFs because Jody is an Indigenous woman and Justin is a white man. Indeed, the one ltefmF was derided for even claiming to be a Feminist when she wasn't on Team Jody.

At one point, when she cited her experience with male sexual violence, she was actually laughed at via the laughing emoticon by the cbFs. Then when she expressed her fear of Scheer Madness in the face of climate change the cbFs, and at this point I was like (in my head) NOOOOO, STOPPPPP, went in for the kill.

Nothing it seemed, short of breaking down and declaring her allegiance to Team Jody after all would make her a Feminist again. Just like that, she was over.

It was very crazy-making. So I went back and read it some more. I was shocked that my Facebook friend whose page it was on wasn't telling people to back off, but I guess earlier that day I'd told a sock puppet, first name Garth, on another friend's page to go fuck himself (twice) on behalf of a whole other woman whom he was accusing of being a sexist racist for not being on Team Jody, and she didn't tell me to back off, either.

ANYWAY, it was during my Femsplaining to the idiot man who weighed in (brave or just stupid, it was hard to tell, but my Facebook friend popped in long enough to indicate stupid) that I figured out what was going on with the cbFs.

They don't give a shit why Jody Wilson-Raybould is blowing up the government, they just care that she's blowing up the government.

Justin = Patriarchy
Jody = Matriarchy

I'd argue that you have to be some privileged to not care that blowing up this government will result in a way worse one unless you're a white male Christian Conservative nationalist, but I'm too chicken.

Also, my bottom line now for a Prime Minister of Canada is that she or he be able to balance his or her entire body off the edge of a table so that she or he is parallel to the floor, which probably puts my Feminism back a few waves to completely irrelevant.

But that's the fun part of being sixty, isn't it, I can accuse younger Feminists who disagree with me of being Ageist.

1 comment: