Tuesday, April 2, 2019

What Once Was Ours Is Now Theirs

Words either matter or they don't, so assuming they do, the Conservative government of Ontario's proposed licence plate motto change from "Yours to Discover" to "Open for Business" clearly tells us that Doug Ford doesn't consider Ontario ours, he considers it his.

When I was a kid it was so much fun to come across public access to our natural resources. And when I finally made it to the southern states I was shocked by how limited public access is to waterfront. Even here in Ottawa private owners of property around Lake McKay deny the public any access to the water.

I thought people saw through politicians who vow to run government like a business once it was suggested by someone clever that they run government like a government instead. But I guess I was wrong.

Fifty teachers were just laid off in Guelph. It's such a stupid waste of us, of our citizenry, of the whole point of community. No good will come of any of this for anybody. It's anti-social. Politicians, at the very least, need to recognize that capital has replaced labour, but why bother when you don't even have to release a platform during a campaign and you can get elected premier.

Apparently, Mark Towhey is the new editor-in-chief of the Sun. Well who cares, I say. Why not Conrad Black or Ezra Levant. The Sun is garbage with a sports section.

A bully demanded of Kathleen Wynne the other day in the Legislature - our legislature - "What are you still doing here?" It actually hurt my heart, it was so gratuitously shitty.

I don't know. It's hard living here now. Imagine how hard it's going to get.

2 comments:

  1. Or live the struggle here... Decisions, decisions... I admire your choice, for sure. And at least you have decent government now, you and Alberta. We actually had decent government but we traded it for the Ford Family Circus.

    ReplyDelete