Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Like Ra-a-ainnn On Your Wedd-inggg

Can we retire the phrase "strong woman", please?

I find it unbelievably patronizing.

Also, I don't recall anyone referring to Tom Mulcair as strong when he resigned as an Environment Minister on principal.

And now the Arctic is melting.

Ah, Tom Mulcair. I actually voted NDP in the last federal election, but only because I live in a safe Liberal riding.

In other words, I could afford to vote NDP.

But if the Conservative candidate had won by one vote over the Liberal candidate and Stephen Harper became Prime Minister again I wouldn't be telling you I voted NDP in the last federal election, that's for sure.

I'd have changed my name and moved to Timbuktu.

Oh, and while we're retiring phrases, I think we should retire "my truth", too.

The Arctic is melting, ffs.

Time to get over ourselves.

And yes, I recognize the irony of blogging the above sentence.


1 comment: