Saturday, March 14, 2020

Panic in Ottawa

The shelves in my neighbourhood Farm Boy were bare of fresh produce this afternoon. I've never seen that before. I've known favourite (and expensive) products to disappear, like grilled artichokes, but I've never seen shelves empty of fresh produce, ffs.

It may have had something to do with delivery, trucks, how much can come in at one time, how much is available at any given time for re-stocking shelves. I don't know. But it was freaky. The cashier was one of those young people born middle aged and beleaguered and it struck me how heroic people are just for showing up to work.

Mister Rogers said to look for the helpers. Or be a helper. I can come through in a pinch, I guess, but why bother if we're down to fighting over the last roll of toilet paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment