Saturday, January 6, 2024

Operation Eat More Get Fit Fight Neo-Nazis

So it's been about three? four? eleventy-seven? months now since I weaned myself off the low dose of fluoxetine (Prozac) I'd been on for about a year. It was to tackle anxiety. The doctor I'm oh so privileged to have in Ford Nation figured it was behind the nausea attacks I was experiencing in the wake of the Freedom Convoy's attack on us here in Ottawa in February 2022.

Fortunately the drug prescription was accompanied by free therapy from a young woman who specializes in eating disorders, who, on our first meeting, assured me I wasn't alone in experiencing fallout from Canada's undiagnosed insurrection here in downtown Ottawa by a bunch of neo-Nazis from Alberta.

There otta be a law. A couple of the asshole leaders of it are on trial for mischief, which can carry a sentence of ten years, but everyone's guess is they won't do a day. After all, Pierre Poilievre has done worse and he's not in jail. His boss Stephen Harper is helping destroy democracy world over, on the side of our world's #1 terrorist, Vladimir Putin, sending out fundraising letters on behalf of his protege PP, calling on all "patriotic Canadians" to send $$$, even though his Conservative Party of Canada just voted to abandon Ukraine to Russia.

Please wake up, Conservative Party voters. Or just stop voting. You're helping the terrorists win.

Anyway, most people I know don't care what happens to a couple of assholes from Stephen Harper's Alberta, a couple assholes who commandeered the failed insurrection of February 2022 thumbs upped by Donald Trump, Pierre Poilievre, and every other self-serving egomaniac and neo-Nazi lover from Elon Musk to Russell Brand to Vladimir Putin.

We're over it, no thanks to our sister and brother Canadians, some of whom have managed - still - to not even know about it.

I'm so happy to have quit drinking, quit smoking pot. I wasn't doing what most people who do one or both would consider a lot, but it was still too much, waaaaay too much for me.

Addiction is a helluva drug.

My focus now is food, and I've already gained weight and added muscle to the ol' bod.

Lookin' good, if I do say so myself.

Kate Moss is wrong. Food tastes better than skinny feels. It also soothes the soul and gets the synapses firing in a good way, not just pinging all over the place bashing into each other like self-driving bumper cars.

Also, pro tip, teen girls - pretty sure the 2.5 lb weights I'm exercising with are increasing my bust.

Is the anxiety epidemic afflicting Canadian youth diet related? I think so.

I don't stress eat, I stress starve. I'm also one of those hyper sensitive people you've heard tell about so I experience a lot of feels, some of them even mine.

I saw the Barbie movie, which was a delight, and showing as well is Flowers of the Killer Moon. It may be quite a good film but I won't see it. I'm done with movie depictions of male sexual violence against women. I won't subject myself to it anymore. I'm not in denial, not even a bit. I just don't want to bear witness to depictions of it in Hollywood movies. Enough already. I won't even read it about it anymore.

It's not in the past. It's not fiction. Women and girls live this reality all over the world including here.

Men right here in Canada don't care enough about their own sisters, mothers, daughters, blah blah blah insert-only-reason-men-care-about-women-at-all-here to not vote for the Conservative Party of Canada, even though its leader, Pierre Poilievre, well-documented misogynistic creep-at-large, was caught out recruiting from Men Going Their Own Way, his fellow well-documented misogynistic creeps-at-large who want to eliminate women and girls from society.

I mean, polls can get it wrong, but every one of them?

We've come a long way baby - not.

Anyway, instead of having panic attacks over it all, I'm choosing to eat well and get fit, because one thing's for sure, I won't be bullied by a bunch of neo-Nazi insurrectionists again. Not in this lifetime. Not in my country.

Wake up, Conservatives. Or just stop voting.

Better yet, fuck off to Russia.

No comments:

Post a Comment