Monday, May 15, 2023

Mother's Day Revisited

It was Mother's Day last year when I had what I know now was the first? in a series of panic attacks, a warning system of sorts that something was seriously out-of-whack with how I was processing life.😵

I'm fine now but to get the stink off Mother's Day I went out for lunch with my blond companion, my friend and my first born. It went well and I was at my computer writing this later, not lying on the bathroom floor praying for the crabby hand of death to swat me off this mortal coil before the next wave of existential dread and nausea hit me.👻

But that's not what this entry is about because this entry is about my middle child calling yesterday to thank me for not giving a shit about Mother's Day. So being a good daughter myself I told her to send up a prayer of thanks to her Grandma, who didn't give a shit about Mother's Day, either. I just carried on in her established tradition.😇

Then I told her, a teacher, and I couldn't be a prouder Mom, about a school wanting to change Mother's Day to Parent Day, in consideration of motherless children. As a fatherless child, the only one in my class growing up in the 60s and even 70s, the school has my sympathies. It was always awkward for teachers, so I would make a Father's Day card for Gram to make them feel better. I believe I told one of my early grade teachers that Gram wore man shoes so same same.👵

I don't care about or celebrate any of our special days now. I'm a counter-culture revolutionary. By the way, Canadians pissing and moaning about new images on our passports include Conservatives who funded a fascist invasion of my city. They're traitors, their Postmedia nothing but a bunch of propagandists for our enemies, and if Russia were to invade us even now they'd be on its side, not mine, not yours. Hear me now, listen to me later, they do not work for us.😠

By the way, and off topic, but how was Michael Chong being intimidated by China if he wasn't aware he was being intimidated? China's evil, for sure, a dystopian nightmare, but if you have to be told you're being intimidated by it, how effective is the intimidation? I'm juss sayin'. And I'm juss sayin' because I didn't notice Michael Chong standing up to Pierre Poilievre or anybody in the Conservative Party for either recruiting from a woman-hating cult or funding and cheering on a fascist invasion of my city. 😉

Anyway, I've decided I'm all in with King Charles III, though, speaking of our culture, because at least he gives an actual shit about climate change. My hope is he breaks with the Queen's tradition of being a matchy matchy Forest Gump - too soon? - and starts offing Conservative heads for ignoring their duty to all of us in favour of further lining the pockets of their friends and families and sabotaging our liberal democracies from within. Because that's what they're doing. The US Republican Party will nominate Putin's Puppet, known mobster, unconscionable bully, unrepentant rapist, flagrant racist and public supporter of the fascist Freedom Convoy that attacked us in February 2022, Donald Trump, again, as its candidate for President of the United States.🙇

Meanwhile, I remain off Twitter but can guess Pierre Poilievre will have tweeted out Mother's Day mush when we know, thanks to the actual journalists he attacks like his apparent mentor, Donald Trump, or any other common fascist, he's been recruiting from a cult of men obsessed with eliminating young women, so mothers and/or the daughters of mothers, from Canadian society for years. And I'm supposed to... what? let it go? Pretend not to know anymore? He publicly allied with my attackers while they were attacking me, ffs. Then he publicly attacked a young female journalist for asking why, an attack for some reason followed up on by Diagolon Accelerationists, he gets away with pretending not to know, threatening her and her family, so her mother, with rape and or death. These are facts. Canadian facts. And he's the Leader of Canada's Official Opposition because he's who Stephen Harper's Conservative Party of Canada elected by a landslide.💁 

But now the Globe and Mail, our national newspaper, is blathering on in its opinion pieces (oh fuck off with your bullshit opinions, you execrable Rosedale Golf and Country Club ass-kisser of ever-increasing irrelevance - Alberta's on fire, ffs, led by an inveterate lying loon who looks and acts like she was parachuted in from Stephen Harper's attic where she's been talking into a mirror for the past decade) about Trudeau destroying our culture by changing the images on our passports from whatever they were before to something else.😱

And Andrew Coyne goes on and interminably on about what an unserious country we are. He should come to Ottawa and take the bus downtown, walk around, step over his co-citizens of lesser means lying on the sidewalk, maybe stay for an ice storm or derecho and the ongoing destruction of our tree canopy and, quite frankly, the lessening appeal of home ownership as our foreign owned insurance companies, those conscienceless merchants of fear, stop paying out for the damages caused by climate change, itself caused by our really very very vapid and increasingly soul destroying culture Conservatives from coast to coast to coast will revere until we're all sinking in our developed wetlands. What was their hero after Ronald Reagan and before Donald Trump, George W. Bush's, antidote to our collective shock at 9/11? Go shopping. Then he destroyed countries not Saudi Arabia and we all know perfectly well had Stephen Harper been Prime Minister we'd have been all in on the quagmire of death and destruction.💔

And off topic, again, but how dare the US, whose fascists funded and cheered on an attack on us last February 2022, costing our economy billions, complain about our financial contributions to NATO. How dare they. And how dare Pierre Poilievre and his Conservative Party of Canada join in on the complaining when they did the same.😡

So down with Mother's Day, I say. It's a Hallmark invention and the last thing I want - really ever - is a card from Shopper's Drug Mart, currently all in with Ford Nation while it loots and pillages our treasury on behalf of its friends and families. Enough, I say. Conservatives want a culture war? I say we give them one and just stop. Stop playing. And reinvent ourselves as responsible global citizens just saying no to a vapid and increasingly soul destroying culture and change it up with actual change.💪


2 comments:

  1. It never occured to me until just now that PP might have actually had a mother! I imagine she keeps a low profile these days.

    ReplyDelete