Thursday, May 25, 2023

Pundit Pause

I've been reading more and limiting my exposure to the news, and by the news I don't mean the actual news, I mean the political punditry from both politicians and journalists I've been subjecting myself to for decades now.👵

Liane Moriarty has helped in weaning me off the habit. I've read four of her books in rapid succession but just started a Barbara Gowdy for a change of pace. I've got a ton of books I've been stockpiling over the years - in case the Conservatives get into power and burn them all, except Dr. Peterpan's "Twelve Rules for Life" - but I still find my best reading bet is to check one out from the library. Even without a due date, which I believe they've nixed in Ottawa, I want to return it "on time", although I usually read a book in a few days. Liane Moriarty's are real page turners for me, too. She uses that trick of starting with the aftermath of whatever happened to cause all the fallout between the characters - the reader not knowing what it is - and then goes back into what led up to it.🙇

I don't call what I'm about to blog a conspiracy theory, although you might, but this theory - which is actually minus the requisite conspiracy - comes from me just piecing bits and bytes together to make sense of political behaviour that doesn't make it otherwise, not to me, anyway.😎

I think Pierre Poilievre is pretending not to want a security clearance because he knows he wouldn't be able to get one. Not with his beard, I mean, wife, and her family's sketchy background in tow, he wouldn't. And it's not just her family's sketchy background he's got in tow now, either, it's all his publicly known - so just imagine what isn't - associations in his post Harper government days - when I guess he did have security clearance: Diagolon Accelerationists, Men Going Their Own Way incels, Freedom Convoy insurrectionists, Neo-nazi militia wannabes, Bitcoin pyramid-schemers and so on and so forth and more of the same etc etc etc.💩

So I can't listen to or read about sundry goings on in politics anymore as if the Conservative Party he won the leadership of in a landslide (of cheating) isn't a freaky fascist man cult.👤

Girls to be included for breeding later.😬

By the way, Conservatives know climate change is real and man-made, they just pretend not to believe it's real and man-made because, unlike normal every day non-freaky-fascist-man-cult people, they welcome it. Climate change is their Liberal Feminist hating God bringing floods and fires to destroy life on Earth for anybody and everybody without the entry fee to their Ark or Spaceship or Immortality Chamber.👻

I'm not crazy. They're crazy.👀

So it was this past weekend that My Blond Companion was telling me about a piece by Andrew Coyne, something about needing a new party, when I realized I was in danger of losing what's left of my mind if I listened to any more of his obnoxious gaslighting.😱

Andrew Coyne's, I mean, not My Blond Companion's.😜

Anyway I quit Twitter because it's absurd but now I'm quitting political punditry because it's even more absurd. Every pundit from coast to coast to coast should be calling bullshit on Pierre Poilievre pretending he doesn't want to be read in on foreign threats to our national security so he can accuse the government of being one, too, when he could be read in and do the same thing.😈

Oh and I don't know how any pundit could turn the elderly Biden's suddenly very audible "loyal?" directed at Poilievre into just a random benign question about Canada's Parliamentary system. As if he was unaware of Poilievre's very public support of the Freedom Convoy thumbs upped by Trump and every other fascist from here to the Kremlin while Putin readied to invade Ukraine. Those fascist freedom fuckers blockaded our borders, ffs, costing our economy billions. They're also why our country isn't being read in on a lot of stuff, I'm sure.😡

Every time I think the dam is about to break and Canadian political punditry will finally stop its aggravating gaslighting, i.e. pretending we're still in Kansas, not Kookoofascistbananasville, along comes Andrew Coyne to suggest what Canada needs is a new political party.🙈🙉🙊

Wake me up if our punditry ever does.💤

3 comments:

  1. The CBC has been most disappointing in this regard. Total failure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. And except for news items, notice how the current affairs shows have hands off on all the disastrous policies Ford is foisting on us. I swear they've been directed not to cover it.

      Delete
  2. Too busy covering the Royals in Britain to notice the rise of Fascism in Canada.

    ReplyDelete