Sunday, May 28, 2023

Woke in WWIII

Fortunately, I got what I needed from Gabor Mate because I have to let him go now. I know nobody's perfect, so not everybody's politics will align with mine😀, but Russia under Putin is a terrorist state, the Russian army's attack on Ukrainians a war crime, and NATO didn't make anybody do it, fascism did.😠

End of.😷

Politics sometimes comes to the pond, where I swim in the currently very cold water to calm the fevers, and recently another pond person went on an anti-COVID vaccine/anti-Trudeau rant. He's a very loud and opinionated pond person, a doctor of a certain age, so superior to other mortals, and on the occasions we're there at the same time he's often holding forth.💥

He'd been blathering at me earlier but I'd managed to find a bit of common ground in his blah blah, which was specific to the pond, because I've been practicing live and let live with my neighbour and so am almost a saint now.😇

But then a politically naive pond acquaintance😴 joined us and the next thing I knew he'd switched topics and was citing all manner of 💩 at my politically naive pond acquaintance😴 who, I could tell from the panicked look he gave me as I excused myself without a word, realized he wasn't in Kansas anymore.👺

Old me would have taken on the responsibility of rescuing him. New me exited stage right to change out of my bathing suit (there aren't any change rooms at the pond so you have to make do, meaning there's a lot of random nudity everybody ignores for the sake of propriety), got dressed and left, ignoring my politically naive pond acquaintance's😴 frantic attempts to make eye contact👀 in the vain hope I'd act like... his mother?👵 and save him from the quagmire into which he'd waded.😬

Sorry, relegated down from politically naive pond acquaintance😴 to offs-wake-up-you-idiot!👶 - the time for your political naivete was over when the Republican Party nominated Putin's Puppet for POTUS, ffs.👹 We're at war, and we've been at war for some time now. Our own Conservatives are led by a politician who publicly allied with an invading force of anti-COVID vaccine fascists while it terrorized us, ffs. And the good doctor, to whom I will henceforth grace with a mute nod and nothing more (there's zero point in engaging, he's beyond reason) is with the enemy.😠

One more time, there was only one name on the Freedom Convoy's black flags and it may as well have been mine. They had nooses ffs, downtown was lawless, our publicly funded police either unwilling or unable to restore the law. Those are facts. It was terrifying. And all leaders of the Conservative Party, past and present, along with Donald Trump and every other fascist from here to the Kremlin, supported the Freedom Convoy while it terrorized us for three weeks.😱

Long story (again) short, fuck your political naivete and wake the fuck up, please. We're at war. You're either with me defeating the Freedom Convoy and Ukraine defeating Russia, or you're with the Freedom Convoy defeating me and Russia defeating Ukraine.💪

End of.😷

2 comments:

  1. Thanks. It's so frustrating. And now I see Premier Loon has a majority government in Alberta. Idiots. Canadians are idiots.

    ReplyDelete