Thursday, March 14, 2019

Our No Good Awful Horrible World

What if the real reason for grounding all Boeing 737 max 8 planes is because the powers that be have discovered the software is vulnerable - maybe even by design - to attacks by mafia states unfriendly to western liberal democracies clamping down on their spying activities here.

Because I don't know about you, but I'm finding the line that pilots just need a bit more training in how not to crash planes a tad disingenuous.

And as we should know by now, there's a tweet for everything by the racist trafficked-child-raping traitor in hock to Russian and Chinese mobsters currently occupying America's White House, and his tweet pointing to the problem as coming from inside the plane makes me think it must lie outside it.

But last night, Ottawa looked like something out of Peter Spiers "Christmas!" book, a winter wonderland, silent and still, with tufts of fresh fallen snow decorating all the tree branches, and I sat on the front step in my housecoat taking it all in. It was a welcome reprieve from the no good awful horribleness of our world. Earlier on the news young people were talking about a friend killed in the crash in Ethiopia, and she sounded so much like one of my own kids, that the emotional distance one normally has when the victims are strangers, dissolved.

Anyway, that's all for right now, other than that I think I've finally turned a corner re my vow to not argue politics on the internet anymore.

However one can make the world less no good awful horrible is the least one can do, I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment