Monday, May 27, 2019

Er, Update

Well, I guess I'm not a REAL political forecaster, am I, because Jody and Jane are running as Independents in the next election and not as Greens, as I forecast in "And Then We Riot" yesterday.

Who knew they both wanted to do politics differently by not being part of a team?

Oh yeah, anybody who's been paying attention.

My bad.

But as luck would have it this is good timing, being wrong, because I've been wanting to step back from commenting on politics for years now, and I think I might finally be bored enough to do it.

It's the arguing at people with whom I more or less agree that's done me in.

Also, the other night I had a dream that I was in the Sault. It was evening and I was out for a walk when I decided to surprise my mother at her nursing home with a visit. But partway there I remembered she was dead. And although I was relieved by this, because in the back of my mind I was wondering if I should spring her, I also thought, well, so I'll visit another old person at the nursing home. Because it's not like everyone in a nursing home couldn't use a visit by someone from the outside world. So I continued on but when I got there I found I didn't have much to offer by way of news. None of it seemed relevant.

I always thought that one of the hardest things for my mother was being a political person who wasn't online.

Now, of course, I feel like a complete idiot.

Anyway, I shook up my routine today by not going online first thing when I got up to CHECK OUT WHAT'S GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!! and instead read the Saturday Globe. Well, wouldn't you know that in the Pursuits section was a whole piece by Nathalie Atkinson "Reclaiming Your Time" that made my choice seem like serendipity. And so, yes, here I am online blogging about it because that's news worth sharing - right? That's what I like to read when I go online, tidbits from people about how they're living a better life because of this or that. And I know it's just mid-afternoon on the day of what probably seems to you to be a minor change in routine, but, oh my goodness, what a difference it seems to have made in how I feel.

Quite a while ago now I stopped checking out a couple of places on the internet that I realized weren't doing me any good to check out. And almost immediately they ceased to matter. It was that quick. But then a while ago I strayed from my daily check in with the Americans I follow on the Mueller investigation to check out what was going on with (what I call) the GenJs (Jody, Jane, Justin) and there it was, that same sucking in that is oh so incredibly addictive to some of us. And it's all just toxic nonsense, as I realize now that Jody and Jane, a couple of normal every day politicians, who chose to run for public office as Liberals in the last election, have held press conferences to let us know that they'll be running as Independents in the next one.

Oh. Well. Alright then. Carry on. As you were. Nothing to see here.

So what the hell was I worked up about?!

Somewhere, my mother is laughing.



No comments:

Post a Comment