Sunday, May 12, 2019

The Mother of All Existential Days

You know, if our mothers had had access to birth control, a lot of us probably wouldn't be here. And if my own recently deceased mother had known that her husband would die not long after my sister was born, leaving her with four children aged 9, 7, 4, and 1, I doubt any of my family would exist.

Instead she'd have become the first feminist Prime Minister of Canada.

Anyway, I used to think that the religious wanted to deny girls and women access to legal abortion services because they believed that that's what their god wanted them to do. But atheist men can be anti-choice, too, and virulently, bullying and berating feminists who dare to trespass on their superior moral and ethical terrain.

Is there anyone more right than the atheist man?

So now I think it's just ego, that some people need every conception to be brought to term because it's all about them, the world, life, everything. And so it's unthinkable to them - there's a reason why Sam Oosterhoff used that word - that girls and women can choose to abort unwanted pregnancy.

Their egos can't allow for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment