Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Life, Take Eleventy Seven Hundred and Two

This is day two of not logging on to the internet when I first get up in the morning. I just now checked my email, and although there was something there that on first reading seemed in urgent need of a response, I decided on second reading that, not only was it not in urgent need of response, it wasn't even my place to respond to it.

So I'll wait my turn. It's a thing working-for-money people do to other working-for-money and not working-for-money people alike, assign us work from their to do list in hopes that we'll not do that second reading and realize, wait, do I work for you? No, no I don't. In fact, I think you actually work for me, so, hm, let me go make some lunch and check back tomorrow to see what's what. Maybe.

My goodness email is bossy, eh?

Before that I read some more of Lord of the Rings, my current project now that I've read all five Game of Thrones (skimming whole swaths of certain character's stories because jesu christo enough already). I'm three hundred and fifty pages in to The Fellowship of the Ring and it has finally become somewhat interesting. We'll see. I do find it pleasurable enough, it's like being a kid again, how Tolkien sets the reader in the scene, but I doubt more than a handful of kids today could endure to Gandalf's story that leads to Frodo stepping up to deal with the ring.

I also read about the Winnipeg Strike, which was in the Saturday Globe. Also, some week old columns about our government's foreign policy gaps and faux pas, gaps and faux pas that trace back to the previous government's kamikaze ideology, and some business articles.

I almost have a fear, I think, of understanding how money works in this country. I don't know why that is but I really do resist understanding stock markets and takeovers and start-ups and so on and so forth and more of the same etc etc.

Anyway, on tap for today, I think, is making roman blinds and prepping some walls for painting - assuming I don't check out what's happening online and fall down a rabbit hole or two. It's a challenge but I need to figure out how to keep the screen front and center so that I don't forget it's there. Some of you know exactly what I mean by that. If you don't, count yourself a lucky well-adjusted person.

No comments:

Post a Comment